PROMISED LAND Set for DVD, Blu-Ray Release, 4/23
Back to the Article
by Movies News Desk
From Academy Award-nominated director Gus Van Sant (Milk, Good Will Hunting) comes Promised Land, the compelling contemporary drama based on an original screenplay by John Krasinski ("The Office") and Matt Damon (The Bourne Identity, Adjustment Bureau) from a story by David Eggers (Away We Go). Damon stars as corporate salesman Steve Butler whose journey from farm boy to big-time player takes an unexpected detour when he lands in the rural town of McKinley with partner Sue Thomason, played by Academy Award winner Frances McDormand (Fargo, Moonrise Kingdom), to offer much-needed relief to the economically hard-hit residents in exchange for drilling rights to their properties. The heartwarming story of Focus Features' Promised Land is available on Blu-ray Combo Pack, DVD, Digital Download and On Demand on April 23, 2013 from Universal Studios Home Entertainment.
What seems like an easy job for the duo quickly becomes complicated by a respected schoolteacher (HAl Holbrook), a slick environmental activist (Krasinski), and Butler's interest in a local woman (Rosemarie DeWitt). As they grapple with a surprising array of both open hearts and closed doors, the outsiders soon discover the strength of an American small town at a crossroads.
The Blu-ray Combo Pack allows fans to view Promised Land anytime, anywhere on the platform of their choice. It includes a Blu-ray disc, a DVD, a Digital Copy and UltraViolet for the ultimate, complete viewing experience.
- Blu-ray disc unleashes the power of your HDTV and is the best way to watch movies at home, featuring perfect hi-def picture and hi-def sound.
- DVD offers the flexibility and convenience of playing movies in more places, both at home and away.
- Digital Copy provides fans with a choice of formats from a variety of partners, including options to watch on iPhone , Android , computers and more.
- UltraViolet is a revolutionary new way for fans to collect their movies and TV shows in the cloud. UltraViolet lets consumers instantly stream and download to tablets, smartphones, computers and TVs. Now available in both the United States and Canada.
Bonus Features on Blu-ray TM and DVD
- Extended Scene
- The Making Of Promised Land
Universal Studios Home Entertainment is a unit of Universal Pictures, a division of Universal Studios (www.universalstudios.com). Universal Studios is a part of NBCUniversal, one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production and marketing of entertainment, newsand information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations groupand world-renowned theme parks. Comcast Corporation owns a controlling 51% interest in NBCUniversal, with GE holding a 49% stake.