The Avengers, Rentrak, Snow White And The Huntsman, What To Expect When You're Expecting
Rentrak Corporation (NASDAQ: RENT) today announced the top ten movies-on-demand titles based on consumer transaction rate. Movies-on-demand are transactional (pay-per-purchase) films available through cable and telco providers.
According to the company's OnDemand Essentials service, the top ten most-viewed titles, per data collected from September 24, 2012 through September 30, 2012 include:
1. The Avengers* (Buena Vista, NYSE: DIS), Released 9/25/12, PG-13, Box Office $623.4M
2. Snow White And The Huntsman* (Universal, NYSE: GE), Released 9/11/12, PG-13, Box Office $155.1M
3. What To Expect When You're Expecting* (Lionsgate, NYSE: LGF), Released 9/11/12, PG-13, Box Office $41.2M
4. The Cabin in The Woods* (Lionsgate, NYSE: LGF), Released 9/18/12, R, Box Office $42.1M
5. The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel* (FOX, NASDAQ: NWS), Released 9/18/12, PG, Box Office $46.3M
6. Arbitrage** (Lionsgate, NYSE: LGF), Released 9/14/12, R, Box Office $0
7. Battleship* (Universal, NYSE: GE), Released 8/28/12, PG-13, Box Office $65.2M
8. The Five-Year Engagement (Universal, NYSE: GE), Released 8/28/12, R, Box Office $28.8M
9. The Hunger Games* (Lionsgate, NYSE: LGF), Released 8/18/12, PG-13, Box Office $407.7M
10. Katy Perry The Movie: Part of Me* (Paramount, NYSE: VIA and VIA.B), Released 9/18/12, PG, Box Office $25.3M
Source: Rentrak OnDemand Essentials, as dated, rank based on transaction rate. OnDemand Essentials includes reporting from operator partners on television-on-demand usage. *Indicates day-and-date with home video release. **Indicates release prior to release on home video. © Rentrak Corporation 2012.
OnDemand Essentials, a service of Rentrak's Advanced Media & Information Division, provides operators, content providers (including broadcast/cable networks, studios) and advertisers with a transactional tracking and reporting system to view and analyze on-demand content. The product is an extension of Rentrak's Essentials suite of business intelligence products customized for the entertainment industry. OnDemand Essentials clients have password protected, near real-time, Web browser-based 24/7 access to on-demand consumer usage data at various access levels based on business and privacy rules. A sophisticated toolset aggregates and reports data across multiple vendors in one easy to use report system. Clients using the OnDemand Essentials system are able to instantly analyze and interpret their own business data to identify trends, program and promote more effectively, as well as track their performance against the broader business sector in which they operate.
Rentrak (NASDAQ: RENT) is a global digital media measurement and research company, serving the most recognizable companies in the entertainment industry. With a reach across numerous platforms including box office, multi-screen television, and home video, Rentrak has developed more efficient metrics to be used as alternative currencies for the evaluation and selling of media. Rentrak is headquartered in Portland, Oregon, with additional U.S. and international offices. For more information on Rentrak, visit www.rentrak.com.