Rentrak Corporation today announced the worldwide weekend box office estimates for the weekend of October 21, 2012 as compiled by the company's Box Office Essentials™ and International Box Office Essentials theatrical measurement services.
As the trusted standard for all studio box office reporting, Rentrak provides intelligence into overnight theatre-level reporting across the global theatrical market. Coupled with the official reported data, studios are able to analyze admissions and gross results in over 50 territories using Rentrak's suite of products.
Rentrak's President of Theatrical Worldwide, Ron Giambra commented, "Paranormal Activity 4 opens at No.1 worldwide with an estimated weekend gross of $56.7 million in 34 territories. The international opening of $26.5 million represents a 12% increase over Paranormal Activity 3 and a 25% increase over Paranormal Activity 2, for the same territories."
The top-12 domestic weekend box office estimates listed in descending order, per data collected as of Sunday, October 21, 2012 are below.
- Paranormal Activity 4 - Paramount - $30.2M
- Argo - Warner Bros. - $16.6M
- Hotel Transylvania - Sony - $13.5M
- Taken 2 - 20th Century Fox - $13.4M
- Alex Cross - Lionsgate - $11.8M
- Sinister - Lionsgate - $9.0M
- Here Comes The Boom - Sony - $8.5M
- Pitch Perfect - Universal - $7.0M
- Frankenweenie - Disney - $4.4M
- Looper - Sony - $4.2M
- Seven Psychopaths - CBS Films - $3.3M
- Perks Of Being A Wallflower, The - Lionsgate - $2.1M