The nearly sold-out 6th Annual NYC Food Film Festival announced today the addition of several well-known chefs and food personalities to the Festival roster, including NYC chef Bill Telepan, pastry chef François Payard, and NYC butcher Jeffrey Ruhalter.
The Festival, taking place today, October 17-21, 2012 in Manhattan and Brooklyn, has also release dthe 2012 Festival trailer and announced additional details on Festival events.
New Festival Details:
· Chefs Craig Koketsu, Tadashi Ono, Francois Payard, Michael Romano and Bill Telepan will present dishes at I ♥ Japan. Sun Noodle will present Chef Keizo Shimamoto’s Ramen Experience.
· In the Raw will present the 2nd Annual Food Porn Party featuring dishes from Saxon+Parole, Dirt Candy, Brooklyn Star and David Burke Kitchen. David Burke Kitchen will present VIP Pre-Party at The Food Porn Party.
· The NYC Food Film Festival announces the addition of the Official Pre-Party for Edible Adventure #005: Sweets, Meats and Fun Buns...A Kimchi and Korean Tapas tasting presented by the Korean Food Foundation featuring Chef Hooni Kim of Danji. Prior to theatre doors opening, ticketed guests are invited to this special party within the Festival reception space next to the theatre. Beginning at 12:00 pm, Chef Kim will serve a selection of kimchis and Korean dishes. Drinks will include a special Korean Su Jung Kwa cocktail.
· Get Real will present Farm to Film to Table VIP Pre-Party Featuring Alobar, Alewife, One Mile house and Jimmys No.43, and at the event, famed NYC Butcher Jeffrey Ruhalter will breakdown a whole pig.
· The Lowcountry Oyster Roast will feature 20,000 South Carolina Oysters, plus Chef Robert Stehling of Charleston's Hominy Grill and a performance of Tic-Tac-Toe Chicken from M Shanghai (Restaurant and String Band).
The NYC Food Film Festival also announces that Akiko Moorman, Jordana Rothman, and Matt Timms have been added to the Judging Panel, along with the addition of the following new Festival partners: the Korean Food Foundation, the Roger Smith Hotel and Sun Noodle.
Some events are sold out, but tickets are still available for others, including Farm to Film to Table: Meat Your Butcher, The Food Porn Party and The Lowcountry Oyster Roast. The only way to gain access to sold out events is with a VIP Festival-Wide Pass, which are still available for purchase via deal partner Underground Eats.
In honor of the Festival, NewYorkMouth.com is now offering visitors 20 percent off all purchases site-wise. Use the code NYCFFF12.
--- OFFICIAL EVENTS OF THE 2012 NYC FOOD FILM FESTIVAL ---
Single Malt Whisky: The Islay 8
Wednesday Night, 10/17/12 (Opening Night)
Featuring the US Premiere of Whisky:?The Islay Edition, a tasting of whisky from all 8 distilleries on the Isle of Islay in Scotland, which is renowned for its single malt whiskies, and a special tasting menu by Chef Chris Rendell of Highlands Restaurant.
The Films: Whisky: The Islay Edition, The Benevolent Butcher: Bacon, Cook Book
Farm to Film to Table: Meat Your Butcher
Presented by Frei Brothers Winery and Bon Appétit
Thursday Night, 10/18/12, AMC Village 7 Theatres, East Village
Featuring an evening of sustainable meat Butchering and fine organic wine from Frei Brothers Winery, the World Premiere of Meat Hooked! by Suzanne Wasserman, the meat of Fleishers and a butchering demonstration by Jeffrey Ruhalter, the original butcher of Essex Street Market. With Northern Spy Food Co. and vegetarian delights by Chef Amanda Cohen of Dirt Candy. The Films: Meat Hooked!, Farm to Table, Farmer Poet
Get Real Presents to Present Farm to Film to Table VIP Pre-Party
Featuring dishes by Alobar, Alewife, One Mile House and Jimmys No.43
I ♥ Japan
Friday Night, 10/19/12, AMC Village 7 Theatres, East Village
Featuring the world premieres of New York Cooks for Tohoku with Chefs Boulud, Bouley, Payard, Romano, Telepan and more, and Ramen Dreams who’s star, Chef Keizo Shimamoto, will cook and serve his legendary ramen in the U.S. for the 1st time ever.
The Films: New York Cooks for Tohoku, Ramen Dreams, Tako NY, Sushi: Handcrafted Happiness, Kasadela Izakaya: The House That Chicken Wings Built
Chefs Craig Koketsu, Tadashi Ono, Francois Payard, Michael Romano and Bill Telepan will serve dishes from, and inspired by, the film New York Cooks for Tohoku at I ♥ Japan. Sun Noodle will present Chef Keizo Shimamoto’s Ramen Experience.
Edible Adventure #005: Sweets, Meats and Fun Buns
Saturday Afternoon, 10/20/12, AMC Village 7 Theatres, East Village
Featuring Bark Dogs from Brooklyn, Hangover Buns, A Dirt Candy Surprise, Strawberry Pie and Fresh Maple Syrup Taffy!
The Films: A Taste of Home, An L.A. Pastrami Story, Artisan Baker, Bark Butter: Why Every Hot Dog Needs a Little More Pork Fat, Hangover Buns, Mexican Cuisine, Pat and Stick’s Great Big Ice Cream Sandwich Adventure, Sidesaddle Kitchen: Vegan Bakery, Sugar Shack, Brooklynography: Matt & Allison Robicelli, Wooly’s Ice: Pimping Out Mad Flavas of Taiwanese-Style Shaved Ice in New York City
VIP Pre-Party presented by the Korean Food Foundation